This is the first part in our tutorial series. In each part we will focus on a different feature or aspect of Brainsbuilder functionality.
In this part we will look at ‘login sections’ and ‘login questions’ sometimes refereed to as ‘login fields’ and in the next part we will focus on a particular type login question called ‘key questions’ sometimes also referred to as ‘key fields’.
If you at all familiar with Brainsbuilder you will understand that all questions must be in a section. Login sections are similar to normal sections, but the major difference is that the login section and questions for login sections can be created automatically from a standard list of questions. These are “Email” and “Name” that uniquely identify the person taking the assessment and other questions such as “Gender”, “Age” etc that put the person taking your assessment to a demographic. You can also add you own login questions if your question is not in the list.
There are also a few other differences between regular section and login sections. Lets look at these differences.
- Login sections must be the first section of an assessment. This makes perfect sense as it is not logical to log in at the in the middle or at the end of an assessment.
- Login section cannot have scoring questions. This also makes sense as the login section should be used for questions that identify your user either uniquely or demographically.
- Key questions can only be in the login section and no other section. Key questions are special type of login questions that uniquely identify the person taking your assessment and are used in the rest of the application to identify your users. Key questions are an important concept in Brainsbuilder we will look at these in more detail in the next part.
To create login section when creating an you will be presented with the “Login Section” stage after the initial settings.
You can add login sections after the assessment is created by going to “Edit Assessment -> Add Login Section”.
Login sections and questions are added, delete and edited the same way the other section are edited, on the “Question and Section Editor”
We have introduced a new FREE subscription which allows you to have 20 FREE respondents every month. This means that you can have 20 people taking your assessment for FREE. Happy days.
We love our customers! We believe everyone can do with bit of extra help now and then. We’re happy to give one-on-one demo or help when you have a problem. Whether you are a subscriber or not!
Sometimes we all need a little help. Even the most user friendly software can sometime leave the most tech savvy of us a bit frustrated. Thats why here at Brainsbuilder we are happy to give one-to-one a demo or one-to-one help when you run into difficulties. We are also happy to hear any suggestions or feedback about your experiences with Brainsbuilder or how you think it can be improved.
One-to-one sessions are best done via a Skype screen share where we can see your screen (in the case of help) or you can see yours (in case of a demo). If you don’t have a Skype account you can download it at www.skype.com. It is available for almost all widely used devices and platforms.
You can contact our customer support team at any time to arrange one-to-one demo or help.
Whats the difference between Brainsbuilder and TestBranch?
If you think you’ll require advanced randomization and scoring then choose Brainsbuilder. If you think you’ll need question branching and logic the go for our sister site TestBranch.
Features unique to Brainsbuilder:
– Display the order of questions in a random order within a section.
– Ability to choose a fixed amount of questions from a pool of questions.
– To require your candidates to pass one or all of your assessment sections to achieve a pass.
– Minus a point for an incorrect answer.
Features unique to TestBranch include question branching based on:
– If the question is correct or incorrect.
– If amount of points is achieved or not achieved.
– If the question a particular question option is chosen or not.
– Allow multiple branch conditions for a single question.
https://www.brainsbuilder.com and https:/www.testbranch.com
Wow! You can now automatically send certificates to people who take your Brainsbuilder and TestBranch assessments.
You can change the look and feel of your Braisnbuilder and TestBranch assessments and customize them to match the look and feel of your organization, website or blog etc. You can also change all of the text and labels, for example to make foreign language tests.
You have the choice of using the ‘Preset’ template. The easy-to-edit ‘Simple Editable’ template, where you can edit the template fonts and background color. If you have knowledge of HTML and CSS you can choose the ‘Advanced Editable’ template, where you can change almost every aspect of your template. You can change all of the labels and text on your assessments.
So there is something to suit every level of technical skill and requirement.
Brainsbuilder and TestBranch offers you three ways to make your assessments available to people. Public, Email and Student.
1) ‘Public’ assessment are easily accessible. User can come to the Brainsbuilder and TestBranch websites with an assessment ID or you can link the assessment to a page using the ‘public URL’
When users come to the website you can ‘restrict’ access with a general password.
2) ‘Private Email’ is where you can send invitation email only to people that you want to take the assessment.
3) ‘Private Student’ is where users come to the Brainsbuilder and TestBranch websites with and assessment ID an a unique login for each person.
You can find more information on here:
Brainsbuilder has gone through a major transformation recently. We have totally rebuilt the site from the ground up with many new features, and assessments are easier to create than before.
The list of features in the recent upgrade is HUGE! and there have been improvements in performance and stability. We would like to say a big thank you to our customers for all of your continued suggestions and feedback.
We will continue to make improvements and add new features.
Ohh.. If you haven’t explored the new features yet we recommend that you log into your account and check them out.
Our sister site is TestBranch. Brainsbuilder and TestBranch features are similar. While Brainsbuilder focuses and advanced randomization and scoring, TestBranch has a focus on question branching and logic.
Did you know we offer a FREE no obligation Brainsbuilder trial with with no strings attached. After that you can pay low cost monthly subscription thereafter or you can pay as you go? Try it now:
Take an in depth look at some of the Brainsbuilder features. It might surprise you what can be done with your online tests, exams, quizzes, and surveys.
Check out some great Brainsbuilder assessment examples. See Brainsbuilder in action:
The Brainsbuilder tour is a good starting place to begin learning about Brainsbuilder features in a visual way. Let us guide you through the basic features and explanations of how things work:
Our product page is the place to go to explore and lean about Brainsbuilder and what makes us unique. You can explore the features that most interest you.
Creating and managing personalized tests, exams, quizzes, and surveys has never been easier with Brainsbuilder.